Google
 
Web tobearock.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Blog Foundations

As I foray into this new universe of the blog, I struggled for a title.

My reasons for starting in the first place reside in a change that's been occurring over the past year or so. This change isn't visible necessarily, although I believe it might be to certain people in this world. I've had similar changes happen along at very decisive points in my life, so I've found that refering to them as "revelations" seemed to fit the best, despite the fact that some might see "revelation" as a bit obvious, even trite. Screw that. I like it...more details on this life change later on, as time and neccessity demand.

Coming back to the initial statement about finding a title that fit...well I did. When I was ass deep in the middle of the revelation, I made a mixed CD for myself, and one other. It was something special, an arrangement of all of the really important, influential, and memorable classic rock songs, for me. I spent many hours thinking, listening, smoking, arranging, and finally enjoying this particular set of music, and I continue to enjoy it. For me the songs described a certain perspective and mindset. More so than that they are just a collection of sounds that when heard evoke beautiful things in the mind, and conjure memories that should never be forgotten.

So here we go again, another forum for the exchange of thoughts and expression of all things us: Love, Hate, Fear, Laughter, Smiles, Cries, Confusion, Loss...and on...and on...and on.

Here is the Blog Foundation:

"And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll"

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

The last line of the finale spells out the mastery, to be a rock and not to roll, referring to the alchemical philosopher stone. Here the rock is not an external object, it is the adept which creates the rock within. The turning of lead to gold is a metaphor of inner transformation through running the intense experience of the 3rd density of choice, the Earth experience, through the refiner's fire.

Gurdjeff speaks of crystallization as the result of work on the self, and the rock which the hermeticist becomes is the result of this. Mouravieff similarly speaks of fusing the iron filings of the personality into a solid single block via "fusion of the magnetic center."

Not rolling means that the adept is no longer subject to the shifting winds of the world and is firmly set on the chosen path. There is no end to the journey, but progress past the confusing dualities in the hall of mirrors requires crystallizing the choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home